Saturday, July 26, 2008

Memories of 2008

Memories of 2008
I'm starting this blog half way through the year, but would like to preserve memories for the future. This has been a fun and busy year for the Perkins family. Here is a little catch up on what has happened this year.

Rob started a new job with Caffel Tile company. It is a little lower key than construction, but still a fun challenge for him. He loves matching the tiles and decorating the buildings they are working on. This company has done some big jobs like the Conference center and many of the temples. He is working on a big job in Park City now. He loves his lab, Cutter and they are inseparable.

Krista is 28 this year and working at a pediatrician and loving it. She works at the front desk and is always trying to improve the office and is totally organized. She is teaching karate with Darren Cox, but is starting to slow up a little on that since it makes for a very long day. She is our organized one and always has things just the way she likes them, neat.

Brandon 25 this year, turing 26 in October and is living in his own condo in Fort Union. He loves having his own place. Brandon has the best job ever, he manages catering and lodging for the state of Utah at Sundance Resort. It is beautiful up there and he truly loves his job. He has even met Robert Redford many times. Brandon has a beautiful bulldog, Gus that he has fun hanging out with. He is a great dog and I enjoy dog sitting him when he comes over. Brandon has also been working out a bunch and enjoys going to the gym and to movies every week.

Kelsey is 19 and going to SLCC and going into nursing, (at the moment). She loves her horses and is competing quite a bit this summer. She trained and showed her baby King's Classic, a Hungarian Warmblood and is leasing him this year. She had a horse, Cowboy, that she was leasing 6 years ago, when the owner came and took him away to sell to make money. Somehow she found out who later bought him. A lady in Michigan, Dawn, bought him and they have been keeping in contact for the last 6 years. A few months ago she asked if Kelsey would like him back and boy did she jump on it. After a lot of planning and working hard that dream finally came true on July 20th. That was a very happy day for all. Cowboy is finally home. Kelsey has a little welsh corgi named Annie that is her best friend. Kelsey is dating Zane Badley now.

I am teaching at Waterford school and loving it. They kids are great! I even taught some summer camps this summer and went on a lot of fun field trips. During the Spring, Summer and Fall I teach dog obedience. I enjoy that and it keeps me up on my training. Animals are always a favorite love for me. Shaquille is my Arab/Quarter horse and Parker is my Quarter horse colt that just turned 3 this year. I love the training and riding and they are both soooo smart! Cayman is my german shepherd who goes everywhere with me. She is really smart and I have done a lot of showing this year. She won her Rally Novice Certificate this year and is working on her advanced Rally now. Novice obedience is not her favorite. She has gotten one leg, but we still have 2 to go. Hopefully by the end of the year it will happen. I have 4 cats and many animals at school that keep me busy. My kids are growing up so fast so the animals are keeping me busy now. Krista and Brandon aren't competing anymore, but I still get to go and watch Kelsey in her horseshows, which I love. I spend as much time as I can outside and am working out every morning. After my summer camps I spent as much time as possible at the cabin, which is my favorite. I brought the horses all up and also Cayman. Gus and Annie came to visit when Kelsey and Brandon were busy and I brought up Cowboy to have a little R and R for a week. That is where I am now, at the cabin.